Foreign workers and contractors travelling to Norway
Are you a foreign worker or contractor travelling to Norway to work? The following is required prior to entry into Norway.
This is required:
Before you arrive in Norway
1. Check that the work you will perform is exempt from the entry restrictions for Norway (regjeringen.no). Contact your employer or contracting client if you have any questions.
2. You must register in the entry register (entrynorway.no).
3. Your employer or contracting client must have provided you with documentation confirming that you have approved accommodation for your quarantine stay after arrival:
- As a general rule, approved accommodation while in quarantine after arrival means a quarantine hotel.
- Alternatively, you can stay in approved accommodation provided by your employer or contracting client. The employer/ contracting client must have applied to the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority for pre-approval of the accommodation. More information for employers or contracting clients (in Norwegian).
4. You must provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test. The test must have been taken no more than 24 hours prior to arrival in Norway. More information about requirements (helsenorge.no).
5. You will need to show the following documentation at immigration, or you may be denied entry:
- documentation proving that you are exempt from the entry restrictions
- if you will not be staying in a quarantine hotel, you must present documentation from your employer or contracting client proving that you will stay in approved accommodation during your quarantine after arrival
- a receipt from the entry register
- a negative Covid-19 test taken during the 24 hours prior to your arrival
When entering Norway
6. When entering Norway, you must take a new Covid-19 test, either at the airport or at the border. It is also mandatory for everyone who will not stay in a quarantine hotel to take a test on day 7 after arrival. More information about testing (helsenorge.no).
7. You must remain in quarantine for 10 days. More information about travel quarantine (helsenorge.no).
8. You will receive a text message/call from the National centre for control of travellers to Norway. The centre will provide information about the rules and report to the local authorities and the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority, who will follow up travellers.
It is your responsibility to follow the infection control rules in Norway.
Safe working conditions
Workers in Norway are entitled to safe working conditions.
Contact the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
If you have any questions, please contact the Norwegian Labour Inspection.
Let us know of any poor working environment conditions
Let us know if you witness any violations of infection control measures at the workplace, or if there is poor work environment conditions.