Section 5-5 Manufacturers, suppliers and importers of machines and other work equipment
(1) Any person who produces, imports, sells, hires out or lends machines and other work equipment that will be used or foreseeably may be used in undertakings subject to the Act shall, before the work equipment is delivered for use, ensure that it is designed and provided with safety devices in accordance with the requirements of this Act.
(2) Machines and other work equipment that are displayed for purposes of sale or advertising or demonstration, and that are not provided with necessary safety devices shall be visibly marked with information to the effect that the work equipment does not meet the requirements laid down in or pursuant to this Act and may not be supplied for use until the manufacturer, supplier or importer has ensured that the requirements are met. In connection with demonstrations necessary measures shall be taken to prevent persons, animals and property from being exposed to danger.
(3) When designing such machines and other work equipment as referred to in this section, care shall be taken to ensure that they can be used for their intended purposes without involving excessive inconvenience or discomfort.
(4) Machines and other work equipment as referred to in the first paragraph shall be accompanied by necessary and easily understandable written instructions in Norwegian concerning transport, installation, operation and maintenance.
(5) Any person who undertakes to install machines and other work equipment as referred to in this section, shall ensure that they are assembled and installed in compliance with the requirements of this Act.
(6) Before machines and other work equipment as referred to in the first paragraph are delivered or displayed, they shall be provided with the name and address of the manufacturer or importer, or with other labelling so that the manufacturer or importer can easily be identified.
(7) The Ministry may by regulation issue further provisions concerning machines and other work equipment, including:
- a) construction, design, installation, labelling, etc.,
- b) approval and obligation to provide information in connection with this,
- c) approval of bodies set up to exercise supervision in relation to production,
- d) examination or inspection.
(8) The costs of examination or inspection required pursuant to the seventh paragraph shall be borne by the party under obligation to conduct the examination or inspection.