Section 4-2 Requirements regarding arrangement, participation and development
(1) The employees and their elected representatives shall be kept continuously informed of systems used in planning and performing the work. They shall be given the training necessary to enable them to familiarise themselves with these systems, and they shall take part in designing them.
(2) The design of each employee's working situation shall pay regard to the following:
- a) arrangements shall be made to enable the employee's professional and personal development through his or her work,
- b) the work shall be organised and arranged with regard for the individual employee's capacity for work, proficiency, age and other conditions,
- c) emphasis shall be placed on giving employees the opportunity for self- determination, influence and professional responsibility,
- d) employees shall as far as possible be given the opportunity for variation and for awareness of the relationships between individual assignments,
- e) adequate information and training shall be provided so that employees are able to perform the work when changes occur that affect his or her working situation.
(3) During reorganisation processes that involve changes of significance for the employees' working situation, the employer shall ensure the necessary information, participation and competence development to meet the requirements of this Act regarding a fully satisfactory working environment.
(4) The Ministry may by regulation issue further provisions concerning implementation of the requirements of this section.