Section 3-1 Requirements regarding systematic health, environment and safety work
(1) In order to safeguard the employees' health, environment and safety, the employer shall ensure that systematic health, environment and safety work is performed at all levels of the undertaking. This shall be carried out in cooperation with the employees and their elected representatives.
(2) Systematic health, environment and safety work entails that the employer shall:
- a) establish goals for health, environment and safety,
- b) have an overall view of the undertaking's organisation, including how responsibility, tasks and authority for work on health, environment and safety is distributed,
- c) make a survey of hazards and problems and, on this basis, assess risk factors in the undertaking, prepare plans and implement measures in order to reduce the risks,
- d) during planning and implementation of changes in the undertaking, assess whether the working environment will be in compliance with the requirements of this Act, and implement the necessary measures,
- e) implement routines in order to detect, rectify and prevent contraventions of requirements laid down in or pursuant to this Act,
- f) ensure systematic prevention and follow-up of absence due to sickness,
- g) ensure continuous control of the working environment and the employees' health when necessitated by risk factors in the undertaking, cf. (c),
- h) conduct systematic supervision and review of the systematic work on health, environment and safety in order to ensure that it functions as intended.
(3) The Ministry may by regulation issue further provisions concerning implementation of the requirements of this section, including requirements regarding documentation of the systematic health, environment and safety work.