Section 20-1 Entry into force
The Act shall enter into force on the date decided by the King.
1 Pursuant to the Decree of 17 June 2005 No. 609, the Act entered into force on 1 January 2006 with the following exceptions and specifications:
- Section 10-12, sixth paragraph, entered into force on 1 July 2005.
- Section 14-9, fifth paragraph, second sentence, shall not apply to temporary contracts of employment that are active on the date of the Act's ordinary entry into force.
- In the case of dismissals that took place prior to the Act's entry into force, the Act of 4 February 1977 No. 4 section 61 (4) relating to Worker Protection and Working Environment, etc. shall apply.
- For employees who, on the date of the Act's ordinary entry into force, hold a particularly independent post, in so far as the employee remains in this post, chapter 10 of the Act shall enter into force on 1 January 2011 (according to the Ministry, this postponement of entry into force is no longer relevant following amendment of the provisions by the Act of 21 December 2005 No. 121 to be enforced on 1 January 2006). Section 10-2, first, second and fourth paragraph, nevertheless entered into force on 1 January 2006.
- Entry into force of section 2-4 shall be decided later. (However, it seems intended that section 2-4 shall enter into force since it was amended by the Act of 1 December 2006 No. 64, in force 1 January 2007 pursuant to the Resolution of 1 December 2006 No. 1324.)