Section 2-2 Duties of the employer towards persons other than own employees
(1) When persons other than the employer's own employees, including workers hired from temporary-work agencies or other companies and one-man enterprises, perform tasks in connection with the employer's activities or installations, the employer shall:
- a) ensure that his own activities and those of his own employees' are arranged and performed in such a manner that persons other than his own employees are also ensured a thoroughly sound working environment,
- b) cooperate with other employers in order to ensure a thoroughly sound working environment,
- c) ensure that the working hours of workers hired from temporary-work agencies or other companies comply with the provisions of chapter 10.
(2) The principal undertaking shall be responsible for coordinating the health, environment and safety work of each undertaking. If more than 10 employees are employed at the same time and none of the undertakings may be regarded as the principal undertaking, it shall be agreed in writing which undertaking shall be responsible for coordination. In the event that no such agreement is reached, the Labour Inspection Authority shall be notified and shall decide which employer shall be responsible for the coordination.
(3) The Ministry may by regulation issue further provisions concerning the performance of the duties of the employer pursuant to this section.