Section 14-12 Hiring of workers from undertakings whose object is to hire out labour (temporary-work agencies)
(1) Hiring of workers from undertakings whose object is to hire out labour shall be permitted to the extent that temporary appointment of employees may be agreed pursuant to section 14-9, second paragraph (a) to (e). When so requested by the temporary work agency, the hirer shall inform whether the hiring concerns work as a temporary replacement.
(2) In undertakings bound by a collective pay agreement concluded with trade unions with the right of nomination pursuant to the Labour Disputes Act, the employer and the elected representatives who collectively represent a majority of the employees in the category of workers to be hired may enter into a written agreement concerning the hiring of workers for limited periods notwithstanding the provisions laid down in the first paragraph. In response to an enquiry from the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority, the undertaking and the temporary work agency shall provide documentation that the hirer undertaking is bound by a collective agreement Concluded with trade unions with the right of nomination and that an agreement has been entered into with the employees' elected representatives as referred to in the first sentence.
(3) At least once a year, the employer shall discuss with the employees' elected representatives the use of temporary workers pursuant to the first and second paragraphs, including compliance with the equal treatment requirement.
(4) In connection with the hiring of workers pursuant to this section, the provisions of section 14-9, seventh paragraph shall apply correspondingly.
(5) The Ministry may by regulation prohibit hiring of certain groups of workers or in certain sectors when so indicated by important social considerations.