Section 11-2 Working hours
(1) Working hours for persons under 18 years of age shall be so arranged that they do not interfere with their schooling or prevent them from benefiting from their lessons.
(2) In the case of children who are under 15 years of age or are attending compulsory education, working hours shall not exceed:
- a) 2 hours a day on days with teaching and 12 hours a week in weeks with teaching,
- b) 7 hours a day on days without teaching and 35 hours in weeks without teaching,
- c) 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week for the total of working hours and school hours where the work is part of an arrangement involving alternating theoretical and practical education.
(3) In the case of young persons between 15 and 18 years of age who are not attending compulsory education, working hours shall not exceed 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week.
(4) When children work for two or more employers, working hours shall be calculated as a total of the hours worked for all employers. The employer is obliged to obtain information concerning hours worked for other employers.
(5) The Ministry may by regulation provide exceptions from
- a) the second paragraph (a) for cultural work or the like, and
- b) the second paragraph (c) and the third paragraph, if special grounds so indicate.
Regulations issued pursuant to this paragraph may contain conditions.