Section 10-10 Work on Sundays
(1) No work shall be performed from 6.00 p.m. on the day preceding a Sunday or public holiday until 10.00 p.m. on the day preceding the next working day. On Christmas Eve, and on the Saturdays preceding Easter Sunday and Whit Sunday no work shall be performed from 3.00 p.m. until 10.00 p.m. on the day preceding the next working day. Work performed during these periods shall be regarded as work on Sundays and public holidays.
(2) Work on Sundays and public holidays is not permitted unless necessitated by the nature of the work.
(3) Before imposing work on Sundays and public holidays, the employer shall discuss the need for such work with the employees' elected representatives.
(4) In undertakings bound by a collective pay agreement, the employer and the employee's elected representatives may enter into a written agreement concerning work on Sundays and public holidays when there is an exceptional and time-limited need for it.
(5) The employer and the employee may enter into a written agreement concerning work on Sundays and public holidays in cases other than those referred to in this section, allowing the employee corresponding time off on the days that are equivalent to Sundays and public holidays according to the employee's religion. Such an agreement may be entered into notwithstanding the provisions of section 10-8, fourth paragraph.